Facebook event page
Asia Times Square Lunar New Year Festival
2625 W Pioneer Pkwy, Grand Prairie, Texas 75051
Once again, we are honored to host the 11th Asia Times Square Lunar New Year in 2018 – The Year of the Dog. This signature event of ours is presented by Hong Kong Market Place, VIETV and The LOH Foundation.
Lunar New Year is the biggest event of the year for not only Asia Times Square, but all Southeast Asians; it’s a joyous time of festivals and cultural traditions that coincide with Asia Times Square’s mission statement: “Preserving Traditions, Promoting Cultures.”
Moreover, Asia Times Square offers organizations a chance to take part in leadership development, community service and fundraising opportunities to support educational as well as cultural programs.
The event is free of charge and everyone is welcome.
• Six days of musical performances: We will be featuring well-known singers such as Minh Tuyết, Lưu Bích, Trần Thái Hòa, Loan Châu, Trúc Linh-Trúc Lam in addition to other regional singers and the Blackstone band. Asia Times Square is also pleased to welcome America’s Got Talent 2017 Finalist Kechi Okwuchi to kick off Lunar New Year with us.
• Lucky hours (1p.m. – 2p.m.) is one of the significant events of Asia Times Square Lunar New Year, including traditional games, prizes will be awarded for participants. These traditional games are incredibly fun for people of all ages. Game activities are designed to gain cultural values and help in “Preserving Traditions, Promoting Cultures.”
• Hong Kong Market Place Flower Festival: Everyone loves the flower market at Hong Kong Market Place, thanks to its fresh, beautiful and exotic appearance. The flowers are carefully hand-picked, meticulously cared for and specially displayed for sale only during the Lunar New Year holiday.
• “Sweet Treats” booths: One of our newer activities for this year is featuring a variety of jams and preserved fruits such as mứt chùm ruột, xí muội. They are sold by the pound, working doubly to bring a piece of home for Southeast Asians as well as a new experience for non-natives, resulting in a warm, fun and inclusive atmosphere.
• Fundraising festivities: As we are celebrating the Lunar New Years, let’s not forget about those who are less fortunate. At Asia Times Square, we emphasize our core values of sincerity, virtue and passion. The LOH Foundation has incurred the cost of renting the carnival game booths so that the children can enjoy and laugh while playing the games. Your donation of $1 per play will directly contribute to the non-profit organizations servicing the booths.
• Besides, there will be countless other fun activities for family and friends: Dragon and Lion Dances, firecrackers, martial arts performances, face paintings, multicultural performances and more.
We don’t want you to merely shop at Asia Times Square (ATS), we want you to have an experience! Our 80 vendors and ATS tenants are determined to assist us in doing just that. Hong Kong Market Place, one of the largest Asian supermarkets in Dallas-Fort Worth area, as well as Teletron, a purveyor of electronics and furniture, will be hosting huge sales that shoppers won’t want to miss. Consumers will have a great opportunity to grab bánh mì, enjoy our elegant fashion show and shop for fine Asian garments under one roof.
Furthermore, our Atrium area boasts a beautiful exterior equipped with covered patio creating such a cozy atmosphere, with its state-of -the-art interior and exterior, stunning symbol of Gods of Wealth in both Asia Times Square and Hong Kong Market Place buildings, acting as a perfect backdrop for our professional photography, which will be available for attendees to utilize and take selfies.
Asia Times Square is centrally located in Grand Prairie in the heart of Dallas and Fort Worth.